All Packages Include:
- A Beautiful, Customized DesignOur professional designers will create a great looking customized design for your website that matches the personality of your business. And don’t worry, if you don’t love it we’ll keep working until it’s right or give you your money back.
- Help to Organize, Input & Update your InformationWe’ll figure out your goals, help you organize your information, set everything up, and we’ll update your website for free year-round. We also have easy-to-use tools if you want to make updates yourself. All our customers also get access to our stock picture library of over 1 million photos.
- A Domain Name & Matching Email AddressesYou get your own .com or .ca address with 5 matching email accounts – email@example.com, or you can keep a domain name or email you already have.
- Search Engine Marketing & Traffic StatisticsWe make sure your website is found on the search engines and we track your progress and traffic statistics. You can see where visitors are coming from, what websites are sending them to yours, and what words they’re searching for on the search engines.
- Money Back Guarantee, Flexible Billing & a Referral BonusThe first month of service is free, so if you decide within the first month that you're not happy with the service for any reason, we'll refund your set-up fee. You can pay by credit card online, Paypal, Interac e-transfer, or cheque. Prepay for 12 months of service and get 15% off, and if you refer somebody you get 3 months of free service if they sign up.
Standard Package + WordPress Blog
- Blogging capabilities & setup (multi-category, archives, visitor comments)
- Automatic Latest News feedbox
- 30 minutes of ‘How to Use WordPress’ training by telephone/screen-sharing
- $499 set-up
5 Page WordPress Website
- Customized WordPress Theme
- We set everything up and do your updates for you
- You can update yourself without knowing any programming
- Standard Features and Plugins like: image galleries, custom forms, website chat widget, simple catalog (no shopping cart/ordering, up to 20 items)
- .com or .ca domain name and 5 matching email addresses
- Website statistics with Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools support
- $399 set-up
Blogging Package + 100 Item Catalog,
Shopping Cart, and Paypal Checkout
- Complex catalog w/ Featured Items and Sale/Coupon capabilities
- Accept payments via credit card, Paypal, cheque, or COD
- Charge tax and shipping (flat fee, by total amount, or by weight+destination)
- 5 extra pages
- 5 extra emails
- 30 extra minutes of ‘How to Use WordPress’ training by telephone/screen-sharing
- $899 set-up
- Mobile Version of Your Website: $100 set-up
- Custom WordPress Plugin: $50 set-up
- How to Use WordPress Training: $25/hr
- Add a Domain Name: $2/month
- Add 5 Email Accounts: $5/month
- Add 5 Pages: $100 set-up, $5/month
- Add 10 Catalog Items: $25 set-up
- Improve the position of your website in the Google search results.
Contact us for a custom quote.
- Advertise on Google, only pay when someone clicks on your ad.
Contact us for a custom quote.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a content management system for making websites. It is the software that takes care of all the background code and programming so we can focus on designing great looking websites. Even better, it is open source. That means thousands of people around the world are working on improving it and adding great new features.
How often can I send in my updates?
You can send us all your updates twice a month. For pictures and wording updates, you just have to email to firstname.lastname@example.org and then you can even track our progress. With catalog updates it is even easier. We’ll set up a spreadsheet that you and our designers can both see and update in real-time online.
What do you help with?
- You can view the full list of WordPress features and services we officially offer and support
- You have the power to edit your site yourself
- We help you login to your site, but we don’t train you on how to edit your site. WordPress is extremely well documented, so we simply refer you the documentation. Here are some great resources:
- We keep a backup, so if you mess something up, we can restore your site the way we set it up for you.
- We will help you setup your email program, such as Outlook
- We will show you how to login to webmail
- We don’t show you how to use Outlook or manage your emails
How do I update the website myself if I don’t know programming?
Wordpress has tons of help articles and videos build right in. It is designed for non-technical people to be able to use intuitively. Also, we offer ‘How to Use WordPress’ training.
How much space do I get for my website?
As a technical limit, you can add up to 1GB of pictures and information to your website. That is about 500 pictures, so you will never run out of space.
How do the Website Statistics work?
It tracks the real visitors to your website. It tells you where they came from, what pages they clicked on, and a whole lot more.
Does the free first month of service start once my website is live?
The free month of service covers the time it takes to get your website up and running. We aim to get all new websites up and running within 30 days, but things sometimes happen that can cause delays. Either way, you aren’t billed for your first month of service until after 30 days or until your website is live.
What payment methods do you accept?
You can pay by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Paypal, Interac e-Transfer, or cheque.
If my payment is late, does my website and email get turned off?
The website and email service is suspended if a payment is 30 days late. We make sure you’ve seen your invoice by email, or received a paper copy in the mail, and we will also call you to make sure you received your bill. An account is closed if a payment is 60 days late.
What exactly are ‘Pages’?
A page has a unique address on the internet. A page can have words, pictures, catalog items, a form, or almost anything. For example, our Home page is http://www.websites.ca/ and our Contact page is http://www.websites.ca/contact/
What is a Domain Name?
A domain name is kind of like a phone number for the Internet. They thought ahead and decided to to use words instead of numbers. A domain name is letters and numbers followed by an ending like (.com) or (.ca). If you’re wondering, .com stands for commercial and .ca stands for Canada. Each country manages their own 2 letter ending.
What are Personalized Email Addresses?
A personalized email address is something like email@example.com. We can also set up aliases like firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and have them forward to a personalized address automatically.
Do I own my Domain Name and Email Addresses?
Yes! We register a domain name for you with you as the official Registrant (or owner). You can take over management of your domain name any time. It does cost around $20/year for you to do it yourself. That fee is included in our packages.
Do I own my website?
Yes! You own all the information in your website and can take a backup copy at any time.
What is a Blog?
Blog is short for Web Log. It is for publishing information regularly. The articles show up by date with the newest ones first, and they can be categorized and tagged so people can find the information they are looking for easily. Blogs are also great for getting your website noticed on the search engines like Google.
What is a Shopping Cart?
A Shopping Cart incorporates an online checkout process so your customers can purchase items directly from your website. There are buttons to “Add To Cart,” and then a Checkout page showing the total cost with shipping and taxes.
How does Paypal Checkout work?
Paypal is a secure service that allows payments to be made through the internet. Users sign up for a free Business account with their own email address, connect to their bank, and can then send and receive payments. If customers do not have a Paypal account, they can still pay using a major credit card. Paypal charges 2.9% of the total plus $0.30 per transaction.
Can I cancel any time?
Sure! We would hate to see you go, so let us know if there is a problem we can fix. Otherwise, just give us at least a day or two notice before your billing date—a little bit more if you want to move your domain name and email to another provider. We’ll make the process of moving as easy as we can. And sorry, we can’t give a refund for the remainder of a month or if you have prepayed for the year. We pay for all of our server space and software in advance, so we need to know before you are billed that you don’t want to continue.
What if I want to upgrade or downgrade?
You can upgrade or downgrade at any time, your next month bill will reflect the change after the upgrade or downgrade is complete. We won’t bill you until your catalog is ready if you upgrade to the Shopping Package for example. The set-up fee is the difference from the package you are currently on. To upgrade from Standard to Blogging is $100 setup, for example.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. The goal is to help your website rank higher in the Google search results. We figure out what your potential customers are searching for on the search engines, check how your website ranks compared to the competition, and then we promote your website for those words and phrases. Contact us for more details and a custom quote.
What is Adwords?
Adwords are the little ads you see at the top of the search results and to the right of the search results on Google. You only pay when somebody clicks on your ad, and you can set your monthly budget. We can set up a campaign for you to run yourself or take care of everything including tracking the results and return on investment. Contact us for more details and a custom quote.